1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLIII Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Good Doctor, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That was the most lax triple coverage I have ever seen. Great pass by Big Ben (arguably best he's ever thrown), but you got to play closer to Holmes.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Not TP's greatest game.

I think we have come to the consensus that there should have been a review on the final play and there should have been more discussion of it. It's debatable that it was a fumble, but I think the feeling is that it was? It really would help to have seen a few replays.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

There were a lot of penalties, but the only one I really disagreed with was the roughing the passer on Danby. And, of course, the decision to, for some unknown reason, not replay that last fumble.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Has there been a replay that showed where Warner was going on the last throw? He was winding up to go deep. It would be nice to see if someone was open.

5. Boobie Miles

Someone else said it earlier and it's a good point. How do you allow a guy to get open when three men are on him? Perfectly placed ball though.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wait, so Arizona scores with six seconds left from the 45? People are bitching about that call to take away one last pass?

Jesus people.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Simon, I'm sorry, but when they throw a defensive holding flag AFTER a completion, hell, after the tackle, and then say, "before the pass was thrown," that's bureaucratic bullshit in a striped shirt. I don't think the calls affected the outcome, they just detracted from a great game through instrusiveness.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah. How dare he get the ball to Fitzgerald in enough space to turn a 20-yard pass into a 65-yard TD.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hail Mary

10. Boobie Miles

I can't imagine anyone was "open" in that situation, but you have to like Fitz's chances of at least creating PI in that type of situation.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

All the major networks are showing it. I'm sure columnists and such will be all over it tomorrow (i.e. Jim Rome).

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

For the refs, it's easier to rule it a fumble and then reverse it on replay. My initial thought was it was a pass, but I wasn't on the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted