1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLIII Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Good Doctor, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

FanGirl rant forthcoming:

Stupid fucking Steelers.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Liesl,

Your new sig line sucks.

Go back to the old one.

Thanks.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Norm:

Done.

Happy now?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Heinz... word

nice

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

What is the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review going to do with their coverage of the game?

Considering, you know, Russ Grimm is the head coach of the Steelers.

6. Is this the same source who gave you bad info on Big Ben a few weeks ago - during the MNF game?

I read the P-G this morning and all it said - every story - was a knee injury. No explanation. Nada.

I'm inclined to think it was not real serious, since he came back out on the field for a play.
    Haven't seen anything yet.

Given Warner's expectations when he came into the league and his overall post-season performance, If I had a HOF vote, He would get it.
    I think he is a Hall of Famer.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ward aggravated the injury to the knee after he returned to the game, so I think there has to be some concern. That is a major setback if he doesn't play, not just because of what he brings to the offense, but because Sweed would have to play a major role if Ward can't go.

8. I agree,
    but if it was a severe sprain or a tear, maybe where there is the risk of further damagae or prolonged healing time, I don't think he would have went back in.
    The Steelers, up 13-0, had to thinking about keeping Ward healthy for the Super Bowl.

FWIW: Ward missed last year's game at Arizona due to a sprained knee.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that. I just remember the offense played like crap and Breaston had a big punt return for a touchdown in that one.

Of course, that led to Dan Dierdorf mentioning that Breaston went to Michigan at least 10 more times during that game, which most of the people watching the game couldn't have cared less about. That might not have been quite as annoying if he hadn't failed to mention even once that Breaston is from Pittsburgh.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Limbaugh? Sweet!

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

IMO, you win two Super Bowls and your are in the HOF.

How many others have done that? Brady, Aikman, Montana, Bradshaw, Elway, Staubach, Starr, Plunkett? is that list right?

12. In fairness, Sayers got hurt. Badly.

Warner just fell off a cliff for five years.

Carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted