1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLIII Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Good Doctor, Jan 18, 2009.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You'll have to excuse Spnited. He'd never heard of Kurt Warner before he went to New York.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck Warner.

Meanwhile, the Card-Pitts of 1944 are torn asunder as far as who to root for!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Where he basically sucked...as he did every year between his spectacular Super Bowl appearance years.
    I repeat: 2002-2007 = 42 starts, 13-29 record, 81.9 QB rating.
    Six years of suckitude in a 10-year career.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

What else would he say?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Spnited, it's going to be fun watching Warner's speech from Canton and thinking of you.

6. Bubbler

The Warner-Steve Young comparisons are total horseshit too.

Young was a career backup for the vast majority of the first third of his career. Once he became a regular starter, he thrived and never fell back until concussions ended his career.

Warner produced at a MVP-like rate from 1999-2001, fell off the face of the Earth from 2002-2007, looking utterly clueless at times, especially when he was in New York, then helped a 9-7 team get to the Super Bowl this year.

Nice story. No way in hell is he a Hall of Famer.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he might have refused the interview.

8. Bubbler

You've got it all wrong. That's just a cover story.

Lee and Lifeson were teabagging each other (when Getty Lee has balls in his mouth, the pitch from his gutteral groaning is akin to the "offffff Salesmen!" line from Spirit Of The Radio) while Warner knelt beside the bed in prayer in an attempt to save their souls.

Lifeson accidentally kicked Warner in the head after Lee's tongue touched a particularly sensitive part in one the escarpments of Lifeson's balls. It is feared Warner has a concussion.

Meanwhile, Neil Peart was in the back, re-playing demos from the Fly By Night album.

My poor wife somehow witnessed the scene. She called me up and said, "There's no way this could be fucked to."

"Yeah. Lifeson and Lee teabagging? Kurt Warner deep in prayer?"

"Well ... I meant Fly By Night, but all that too."

9. Bubbler

Understandable.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear Board,

All of this is part of Bubbler's Middletown Dreams.

Sincerely,
    The Analog Kid

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It will be good to see Kurt Warner's wife and Jesus back in the national spotlight again.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bubbler has those dreams while driving around the countryside in his uncle's red Barchetta.

Draft saved Draft deleted