1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XIII alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That got me curious to check the NFL Network's schedule the rest of this week. Starting at 4 a.m. Sunday, they're going to show Super Bowls I-XXX in succession, one 30-minute program after another one.

Also, they're going to show the Rams-Titans Super Bowl at various times Thursday and Friday.

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

February 3 at 8:00 PM ET on NFL Network
    Super Bowl III
    New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts
    Announcers: Curt Gowdy, Al DeRogatis and Kyle Rote (NBC)

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The segment on Conrad Dobler, Johnie Cooks and the morally criminal, utterly stupid and shortsighted negligence of Gene Upshaw and the current players in not providing for the ex-players (and future ex-players) is as galling a sports-related piece as you will see.

Dobler's knees make Namath's look like ... Matthew McConaughey's.

Scary and gross and heartbreaking.

Conrad fucking Dobler.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The DVDs of NFL Films accounts of SBs I-XL and the seasons that accompanied those games (along with a couple fun features related to teams in the game that year) is a decadent immersion that the true fan probably will never find time to watch all of, but will have incredible fun trying.

One of the best gifts I have ever received.

I guess they will now start releasing those DVDs 1 by 1, after four smart years of 10-year packages being released.

Draft saved Draft deleted