1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl VII Dolphins-Redskins running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Moss would have been one of the top receivers of the day, like Warfield or Alworth. His numbers, obviously, would've been affected by who he played for. The rules wouldn't have made Brady less effective, but they would not have done wonders for those Raiders QBs. Moss, in all likelihood, would have had fewer total catches, but many more long ones, and probably the same number of TDs. That's how the burners were used back then.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Redskins kicker started the game by kicking off at the 40... and the Dolphins caught it at the 8. Everything I saw about that game was completely inferior to today's game. Those 72-73 Dolphins need to completely and utterly STFU. The NFL Network revealed that the Emperor has no clothes. I'd take Mater Dei or De La Salle straight up against those old fools.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I missed this game by a few years. ... Who won? I bet it was the Redskins. I know it.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Weren't the graphics on the screen bigger because everyone had smaller TVs? They probably looked the same on a 20-inch screen as our graphics look on a 50-incher.
    Too bad they don't show the old ads.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm a life long Giants fan, part of a family that's had season tickets for 51 years. Was there to close Yankee stadium and open The Meadowlands. From Tarkenton to Morton to Snead to Goldsteyn to Piss-r-chek to Simms... Was there for #1 draft choice Rocky Thompson's kickoff return for a TD on the season opening kickoff in 1971 and then never do a thing again. Lamenting the fact that the Jets took John Riggins with the next pick. Survived Alex Webster and Ray Handley.

If there is one saving grace in a Giants loss, it would be to shut up that 12 step mutha fucka Mercury Morris.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's what 35 years of hormone ingestion does.

7. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

The best punter in the history of football came from the early 70s to mid 80s era, and that was Ray Guy.
    I watched the Super Bowl VII broadcast on Sunday morning, and the broadcasters stated that Czsonka was 237 pounds, which might be considered small by today's standards.
    It would be safe to say that the players of that era weren't juicing themselves up.
    Why were the heavyweight boxers better during the 60s and 70s, than they have been for the last 25 years?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Garo Yepremium kicked off later in the game. His kicked bounced at the 20.

These guys sucked.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Sorry I'm late to the party.
    I went to a Brewfest and was blasted.
    I watched the second half and while trying to stay awake, saw the end.
    Yeah, it was a crappy game, but we'll take it.
    To see that game as it originally aired and the Giants knocking the Pats off, well, lets party like its 1972.
    I want to see SB VIII, that was the first game I ever saw, the one I became a Dolphins fan.
    Start selling these babies on DVD, NFL!

Draft saved Draft deleted