1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Story Lines

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We're bound to get the first two black coaches to lead a team there. What else? Reminders of the Manning vs. Ryan Leaf debate before the draft? Rex Grossman goes back to Florida?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Not neccesarily Grossman going back to FLA, but Grossman rising from the ashes to lead the Bears to the Super Bowl, especially regarding his play last week and when it mattered this week.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What surprised me about Grossman is that he tore it up big time at the end. He was like 4-17 or 4-18 throwing at one point, and finished with a completion percentage close to 50% I think.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Master/mentor angle with Smith being an assistant under Dungy at Tampa Bay.

Which QB is under more pressure: The one everyone's been expecting to get to the SB for a few years, or the one no one was expecting to get there?

Not exactly a story, but I find it interesting that this is the Colts' third SB, all in various incarnations. First representing the NFL, then the AFC and now a completely different city.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

-- Rex Grossman is a Bloomington, Ind. native. Brad Maynard grew up in the Indy area.

-- The I-65 Bowl, meaning the good folk of Remington, Ind. are going to be flooded with reporters asking them who they like better? And those reporters are an even bet to get food poisoning from the local Burger King. Or die of boredom, one or the other.

-- No team with a white helmet has won a Super Bowl since 1973 (OK, that one is a bit odd)

-- Jim Harbaugh ... does this Super Bowl tear at his brittle heart?

-- MORE ADAM VINATIERI FELLATIOS!

6. Someone mentioned this on the running thread -- Vinny Testaverde ending his career where it began, in Miami. It's kind of lame, but I guarantee someone will write it.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

How much Edgerrin James is kicking himself.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wait, he was on the Patriots, wasn't he?

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Waiting to see the Ryan Lilja redux in the Kansas City Star. For the 99 percent of you who don't know, Lilja (Indy guard) was kicked out of a KC high school, lost a scholarship, played JUCO ball, ended up at K-State and eventually got picked up by Indy.
    Whitlock was all over Lilja's story when he originally got kicked out of HS, and I have a feeling it could come up again in the next couple weeks.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Why was he kicked out?

11. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Some guy named the Lord leading the Colts to the super bowl. I've never heard of this player or coach before, but Tony Dungy couldn't stop thanking him after the game. Where does this Lord live? How did the Colts find him? How has he made a positive impact both on, and off the field?

12. Shit. This is what I get for posting on three hours of sleep. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted