1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

super bowl prop bets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

What's a decent reputable site to place a bet? I've never gambled online but I'm interested in playing some of the goofy prop bets.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Whatever you do, take the over on the "Harbaugh mentions." When I saw it earlier this week, it was something outrageous like 20.5. Take that action all day long.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If you bet the under on the anthem, you lost.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could hear the "oh shits" coming from the sports book before she finished the first line.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If they're serious about this Coach Jim and Coach John stuff, it could get interesting.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Did anyone have the lights going out?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The O/U I saw online was 2:16. (Last year it was 1:38 for Kelly Clarkson.) I do a game contest at my party and set the line at 2:00. ... After the first five seconds, we realized this was going over, way over. Final tally was 2:35.

But I love her so I wanted more.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

For those who bet on the color of the Gatorade (like me), there was no Gatorade for some dumb reason. Push.

"Will there be a lead change in the 2nd half?" was paying pretty well, but the 49ers blew that.

I meant to take over 13.5 total penalties in the game, but forgot. It probably hit.

And if the power outage didn't help the mentions of "Harbaugh" go over, I'll be stunned. Same with "HarBowl" total, which was 2.5, I think.

The anthem total was 2:20, and I timed it at 2:20.7. Stopped it at the end of the first "brave." The over paid out pretty well.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Since when is there more than one "brave" at the end?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

Happens a lot. Happened last night, if I'm not mistaken. And if there wasn't another "brave," there was something. I kinda tuned out and focused on the clock. She didn't stop after saying "brave."

It was also a stipulation on the prop bet. Most books had it worded that way. From the first note until the end of the first brave.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JackReacher

Only 7 penalties, which went way under.

And if you bet there'd be a safety, it paid around +700. Hell of a way to cap your night if you had that.

If you had Ed Reed making an INT, that paid about +300, also a nice payday.

12. JackReacher

Prop bet results...

http://www.stocklemonblog.com/2013/02/2013-super-bowl-xlvii-47-prop-betting.html

Draft saved Draft deleted