1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl party snacks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When I was a young man a bartender at my local pointed out to me that I could get two shots of bourbon for the price of one if I asked her for an extra super dry bourbon manhattan. The name of my local was the Bunker, and thus the drink was born.

When I lived on Guam during the late 1990s, I walked a bartender through a variation of my joke recipe above - put some ice in a shaker, get the Wild Turkey out of the speed rack, get the vermouth out of the speed rack, get the bitters, put the bourbon in a nervous glass, put the vermouth away, put the bitters way, dump the ice out.
    That bartender was not amused.
    My sense of humor did not play well on Guam.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Buck, I have a lot of respect for you spending time on Guam. Were you in the Navy? PM if you'd rather answer that way.
    Regards,
    VB

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Buffalo chicken egg rolls. Hell if I know how to make them, but my wife is a helluva good cook and they're freakin' awesome.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There's a dive bar in Atlantic City that makes those. Holy shit are they awesome. Good call.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No secret. I talked about it all the time when the board first started.
    I went from NJ to Guam in 1997 to work for the newspaper on Guam. Spent three years on Guam before coming to California.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You don't make friends with salad.

We are hosting one this year and our neighbors are from India. Fortunately they will eat animal products, but not the animal meat.

Looking forward to all the kale and tofu recipes on this thread that I will not make.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Doubtful that the real Jack Reacher would watch the game at a Super Bowl Party ;):D

JackReacher likes this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No shrimp?

JackReacher likes this.
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You would think, but for some people it makes the lips melt and stomach boil.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Unless Guy Fieri confirms, this did not happen. :)

Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls

JackReacher likes this.
  11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bacon-wrapped, smoked chicken wings?

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted