1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Monday as holiday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How 'bout Valentine's Day? Devoted to love in whatever form you wish, not frigging football (AND I LIKE FOOTBALL!).

I'd rather have a day off devoted to an end game that gets even the most rudimentary of romantics laid, not one that results in a Cheetoh-bloated gut, a Blatz hangover, and a gambling debt.

I'm so romantic! All we need is love!

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I don't know about you, Bub, but in my single days, my Valentine's Days ended more like the latter.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Come to Kentucky -- the second and third Thursdays and Fridays in March are unofficial holidays because most employees are standing around watching NCAA tournament games. If either UK or U of L makes a deep run in the tournament, then you can forget about office productivity for the rest of March.

Then there's April -- which is usually when local schools have their Spring Break -- so that's another week shot to hell. By the time the Breakers come back, it's Kentucky Derby time, so you might as well plan on not doing anything significant until mid-May at the earliest.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's why I love Kentucky, no state makes spring more fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted