1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Monday as holiday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jan 28, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, works for me ... and some people are serious about it.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-sphot285070425jan28,0,486385.story?coll=ny-football-headlines

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I work a weird schedule, so my co-worker (and drinking buddy) and I are working an extra day this week (Thursday) so we can take Monday off guilt-free.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What a great idea. :D

4. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Move the game to Saturday and it will solve that problem

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just what we need. Another holiday in January/February...

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Three words for this idea:

DUMB, DUMBER, DUMBEST!

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Super Bowl Sunday is the holiday. Not Monday! Nonetheless I've taken that whole weekend off and my regular two off days make it a 4-day weekend for me.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That'll never happen. Not only is Saturday night a TV wasteland, but people are more likely to get together for a game on Saturday than Sunday, thereby reducing the number of TV sets in use.

That's another reason you can forget Super Bowl Monday. that, and as spnited says, it's an incredibly dumb idea.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The only two we get off from work here in those two months is New Year's and President's Day. But there's no way to ever make Super Bowl Monday anything more than a water cooler day at work.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's just a football game.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Silly hondo. ::)

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Agree with Hondo.
    For those of us who don't worship at the 100-yard altar of Rozelle/Taglabue/Goodell, it's just a fucking football game.

Draft saved Draft deleted