1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl LI thread: Now they're coming for you, Rog

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2017.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I do support that having more points than your opponent early in the game is a good strategy. I also support that strategy for the middle and late part of games, too.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Works bests at the end, too.

amraeder likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm already tired of the lazy notion that the Falcons aren't interesting because they didn't win Super Bowls in the '70s.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

If I take away my rooting interests (living in WI, Packers woulda been fun), this seems like the most interesting matchup. I don't get any of the complaints. Great offense vs great team. Should be fun.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This has the potential to be a very exciting game. But so did both conference championships and look how they turned out. That's why I think some people are down on the Super Bowl matchup. They're affected by Sunday's games.

6. Dick Whitman

What's funny is that outside of Brady and Belichick, the Patriots don't have much star power. My jaw is agape every time I see Shea McClellin running around out there.

7. Dick Whitman

They're also pissed it's not the Packers or Cowboys, real NFL teams.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think FOX should be pretty happy with the matchup.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hate, hate, hate that take. It really just is fucking laundry you're bitching about.

Packers "seem" like they belong more. Cowboys "seem" like they belong more (and have Jerrah). That's really it. There is nothing else tangibly attractive about either of those teams above the Falcons, other than what's in the imagination of whoever thinks such a thing. Poor Dan. His easy column of interviewing Favre or Staubach has gone poof. Has to come up with something else.

That explains it, then. I have spent one day of my life in Boston. Had four near-accidents.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Before 2001, the Patriots were one of those ho-hum teams that didn't carry the league's banner high enough.

11. Dick Whitman

That Shaughnessy column is one of the laziest pieces of tripe I've ever read.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Christine Brennan says Thanks.

poindexter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted