1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl: Is your choice based on love or hate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 29, 2008.

?

Everyone generally has a team they want to win. But is your choice based on a like/love for that tea

Poll closed Feb 3, 2008.
  1. A like/love for the team

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I hate the other side

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  3. No preference

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. love 'em both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. hate them both

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Rooting hard for the Giants as I'm sick of hearing from obnoxious, front-running Patriots fans.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've always liked the Patriots. Even with Belicheat.

Obviously, if the Redskins were playing them, I'd be rooting for the burgundy and gold. But since they're not, I'm rooting for the Pats.

And, I hate Tom Coughlin with a passion rivaled by few.

3. I can't believe he wrote this sentence: The most recent memorable Super Bowl upset was the Giants over the Bills in 1991

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I went to Ole Miss, so I'm kinda rooting for Eli. But I'd also kinda like to see the Pats complete the perfect season.

I think Belichick can go fuck himself, but I also kinda feel the same way about Coughlin.

Gimme something close to a repeat of the regular-season game, at least in terms of entertainment, and I'll be happy.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

After all, they do things the right way!

6. WS

WS Member

pulling for the Pats so everyone can forget about Senile Don and Crazy Mercury Morris and their run through a Hawaii-like schedule

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not The Right Way. The PATRIOT Way.

The right way is a pile of puke compared to The Patriot Way.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would have 18 days of sex with Roger Clemens to remove Bill Belichick from this planet.

I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, but this both reminded me of why I hate him and why I want him to fail so miserably.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3217121&sportCat=nfl&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What a fucking choad! And the HMS Hood comparison? Yes Gregg...it was the weak hull that sunk the Hood, not a 15-inch shell penetrating a magazine. ::)

Jesus...and to suggest that Belicheat might not give his all because he's coaching against the Giants? C'mon fucktard.

10. I got your Hood right here, Herr Easterpfeffer.

[​IMG]

And IJAG, I do not think that column means what you think it means. If it's a choice between Belichick and that greedy homunculus Art Modell, it's no contest.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

And for the first time in my life...Go Giants.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for history and the Patriots.

Considering what they are trying to do has happened exactly once in the 80+ year history of the NFL, I'd like to see them close the deal and I can witness an unbeaten team during my adult lifetime.

Considering the last team that went to the last game with such a chance was 35 years ago, I'd likely be 80 years old before another team comes along with such a chance. And I'm guessing I've got a good chance to be dead by then or at the very least in a mentally reduced state where enjoying someone accomplish such a feat would be mighty difficult (I guess impossible if the dead part of the equation comes true.)

I like the Giants. I like Eli and how he's getting some redemption from all the unwarranted grief he gets as an NYC QB, as a little brother of Peyton.

But, the Patriots really have been fun to watch this year. Early as they toyed with and destroyed teams. Later, as they found ways to escape.

Give me history.

Draft saved Draft deleted