1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl: Is your choice based on love or hate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 29, 2008.

?

Everyone generally has a team they want to win. But is your choice based on a like/love for that tea

Poll closed Feb 3, 2008.
  1. A like/love for the team

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I hate the other side

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  3. No preference

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. love 'em both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. hate them both

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought it pretty simple.
    Are you rooting for the Giants because you hate Belichick, Randy Moss, or the whole New England area or because you love the Giants?
    Do you want to see the Pats win because they are the best team in football or you love Tom Brady, or do you think Tom Coughlin is a rat bastard?

Why do you want to see a particular team win: Because you like them or want the other side to fail?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a lifelong Giants fan.
    I expect bone-crushing disappointment.
    At least it won't be as bad as the Baltimore game, when I thought they had a chance.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm rooting for the Patriots for three reasons: 1) It's nice to be a witness to such sports history. 2) I no longer live in the New England area so I don't really have to deal with obnoxious Pats fans. 3) I'm tired of the whole Miami's the only unbeaten, yada, yada, yada.

That said, I'm hoping the Giants keep it close. I'd like to see the Pats win 34-31, with Tynes missing the potential game-tying field goal as time expires, ala Scott Norwood.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm a Michigan fan, so I've always been a Tom Brady guy. Never rooted against the Patriots.

And in this game, the only outcome I want to see is 19-0. I couldn't care less about the Giants Shocking the World (tm).

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, the outcome I want to see is Giants 8, Patriots 4. Whatever other number appear infront of those, I could care.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

At the risk of incurring Moddy's wrath...

There is not a form of death, dismemberment, pain or humiliation that I would think was too much for Bill Belichick.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate everything New England in the sports world, but I'm not a Giants homer either. Still pulling for the G-Men, though...

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Hate the Patriots.

Go Giants.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You have a gun with one bullet and two men standing in front of you: Bill Belichick and Roger Clemens. Who do you choose? WHO DO YOU CHOOOOOOOOOSE?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Can't stand the Patriots, who would be the first to blow up Plaxico's 23-17 prediction while overlooking the fact that the franchise has already trademarked 19-0. Here's hoping the Giants will trademark some 18-1 t-shirts.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're making that up Oz. The Patriots only live one play at a time. they never talk smack, never hit late and help old ladies across the street.

Oz is a liar!!!!

12. Meanwhile, Gregg Easterbrook, revisionist dilettante hack, flogs the dead horse to see if it's still dead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080129&sportCat=nfl

Draft saved Draft deleted