1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl halftime show 2012

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 7, 2011.

1. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

The idea of Bon Jovi for NY/NJ is very strong. Maybe Bruce comes on as a guest -- but I dunno if the full ESB would be asked back.

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I'm not a Black Eyed Peas fan at all, but I watched the halftime show, wanting to give them a chance. The group's biggest weakness, aside from crappy mic technicians, was the inability to sing.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The venue is going to be problematic for most acts. Tremendous difference in playing to a 100,000 seat football stadium compared to a 15-20,000 seat arena. Both the visual and the sound has so much more to fill that a very small populace of musical acts can really pull this off well.

The Peas did fine with the visual show, but not so good from the audio. Their music just doesn't lend itself to filling that room from a sound perspective. Put them in a 15K arena, and they probably do just fine. In my view, these shows almost need to be guitar based groups that really can fill the air. In that way, the one piece of their show that worked best was when Slash was pounding our Sweet Child of Mine.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I say they book a crew from the Weather Channel, who can use the gumbotrons to show everyone the snow that's going to keep them in New Jersey for an extra week.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gumbotrons are only used in Louisiana. And they are dee-lish-ous.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can only imagine what's in New Jersey gumbo.

7. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

The Goo Goo Dolls are now lame enough to put on a halftime show, I believe.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

9. Why no Texans to perform is beyond me. After all, what better place than the Super Bowl to hold a reunion of Houston's Geto Boys.

That said, Jerry Jones' mind is playing tricks on him if he thinks he's getting another Super Bowl in his lifetime. Considering the uneven effort that H-Town presented in SB 39, and it's not a stretch to think the Lone Star State won't be hosting a Super Sunday for quite a spell.

Considering it's Indiana, I'd gladly bank that the Jacksons will have something to do with the entertainment next year.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can see it now. A halftime musical and dance tribute to Gary, Ind.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Shirley Jones is available, but booking Robert Preston is going to be a bit of a challenge.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love him -- dead or alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted