1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl halftime show 2012

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Loved the bit where they were brawling near a snack table. Rock stopped for a second, dipped a chip in a bowl of salsa, then threw the whole thing at Foley as he yelled, "It's mild, you bastard!"
    Classic stuff there.

[/quote]
    And like I said on the running Super Bowl thread, the only thing that the halftime show was missing was the always enjoyable inflatable beavers.
    [/quote]

Doesn't Fergie have one of those?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It will be John Cougar Mellencamp or a combination of other country artists.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Since I might watch (and don't listen to) the halftime show because we usually turn our own music on during halftime my vote is for Katy Perry.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'd lay pretty big odds that it's Bon Jovi in a couple of years.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Jim Nabors. Just have him do an extended version of "Back Home Again in Indiana." ;D

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

They're big enough and shitty enough to be perfect.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The NFL almost got Jon Bon Jovi a couple of times. Is his band still relevant? I know they made some songs in the past ten years for old people to make out to, but I can't imagine a halftime show unless it was comprised primarily of older stuff.

What about Beyonce? I don't love her music, but she's talented and current.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Mellencamp would do a good job. Don't know if his "hype" level is enough to get people to tune in.
    I do worry though, after seeing the cameos of Slash and Usher, that the NFL could be going back to the "throw a bunch of crap against the wall (Aerosmith, Britney Spears and N'Sync) and hope somebody is entertained" era.
    Honestly, I checked a list of Super Bowl halftime shows and can't believe how somebody could read the description and say "Let's do it." Elvis Presto?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You have a viewing audience aged 8-88.

Good luck finding an act they all will enjoy and appreciate.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They've tried.
    Indiana Jones & Marion Ravenwood, Teddy Pendergrass, Tony Bennett, Arturo Sandoval, Miami Sound Machine (1995)

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I see the Dave Matthews Band being tapped in a few years.
    Also, that Peas performance was awful. All that was missing was a hastily scribbled note taped on the screen that read "The Black Eyed Peas died on their way back to their home planet."

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah. That ruled!

Draft saved Draft deleted