1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl halftime performer announced

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Nov 26, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But isn't the 50th Super Bowl the MOST EPIC MOMENT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND! ? And you give us Coldplay? It's like going to a high-dollar gala and being served velveeta on Saltines, a TV dinner and a scoop of plain vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Ace likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dear Everybody:

The NFL wishes to apologize to you that your favorite hipster/nostalgia/rap/heavy metal/country rock/mainstream country/a cappella/teenage pop/boy band will not be asked to perform at this year's Super Bowl halftime show.

Signed,
    Everybody Else

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It should be Lynyrd Skynyrd. With a BIG Confederate flag. Fuck yeah!

Then have Trump come on stage doing cartwheels with fireworks flying out of his ass.

Huggy and Bradley Guire like this.
  4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

For escaping that 95-pound bag of crap, I'll give Chris Martin 20 minutes to sing his crappy songs.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Vigorous jacking-off gesture.

schiezainc likes this.
  6. DanOregon

From what I heard in the halftime announcement it sounds like there will be additional artists. Coldplay makes sense if you want to "build", maybe they're the backing band, I could live with that. At least, that's what it sounds like
    "In a statement, the NFL said: "Chris Martin is designing a show that will echo elements of the NFL’s On the Fifty campaign – honoring the past, recognizing the present and looking ahead to the next 50 years, including other special artists."
    I mean, really a 10 minute jam featuring a song and artist from the 60s (Fogerty would be great), 70s (I'd settle for Paul Simon and/or Elton John), 80s (Prince), 90s (Janet Jackson) and finish with U2 or Green Day.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

No doubt Janet Jackson is high on the NFL's wish list.

8. DanOregon

That just might break the internet if Timberlake was included.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I really don't care who's featured in the pregame shows, who sings the national anthem and who performs at halftime. I've watched about 3 minutes of halftime over the last 20 years.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll make sure not to now.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As everyone knows, halftime of the Super Bowl is for hitting the buffet set out by the hosts of the party. At our house last year, that was vegetarian black bean chili and cornbread. Eating, continuing drinking and gossiping are what halftime is for. At a proper party, the talk's too loud to hear the music anyway. Since the commentator this year is Phil Simms, we might pipe in crowd noise during the game, too.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Guess that means flipping over to the Puppy Bowl. Do they still have that?

Draft saved Draft deleted