1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 2, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder how Pepsi sponsors the halftime show, yet the NFL is still asking for performers to pay to perform? Is that just NBC money? Figure since Pepsi was incorporated into the show on the field the NFL had to get some of it.

And the biggest tragedy of the Nationwide spot was seeing the fallen TV. (Kid or no kid) During a Super Bowl? That's like seeing a guy getting a nut shot.

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I think that spot worked perfectly for them. To me, it's not a commercial to attract the craft drinking types. It's a commercial to pander to their base of Joe Sixpacks and solidify it's position with those groups over, say, Coors, Miller, etc.

Their diversification and their attempt to own more craft breweries is a grab at the other market, the so-called millennials, but there are still a lot of middle-aged blue collar men and women who like the beer because it's cold and it gets them drunk.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And is cheap. Cheaper than craft beers. Cheap is good.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Then again, beer is good, but craft beer is better. Better is good.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Whoever came up with the idea of making Chris Pratt a movie star is a genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted