1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 2, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Actually, the U.S. auto industry is doing pretty well right now. Chrysler's solid profits were the main reason Fiat recently completed a deal to raise its stake in Chrysler to 98 percent. The plan is to merge the companies because Chrysler's profits can offset Fiat's losses in Europe.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I will admit a bit of bias, but I loved the Microsoft ad with Steve Gleason.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Tebow ads were a big hit; they help to dispel his image as a pompous stick-in-the-mud.

If he can continue to poke a little fun at himself, he could become a mid-range multimedia phenom.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

OK, I didn't see any commercials, as the SB aired on some weird channel here. But reading this Doberhuahua thing makes my sister's FB post make more sense now.

She posted a photo of Eli with "The original Doberhuahua" and I had no idea what it meant.

I'll have to check out the Audi spot.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Any idea if Will Ferrell did an Old Milwaukee commercial?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I didn't see it, but I heard he did well as a guest host on Good Morning America.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody helped himself more than Tebow. It was exactly what he needed, image-wise.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The fact that Tebow had an image problem is stupefying. Not suggesting
    that he didn't but just sayin.

3 years ago they guy could have been elected Mayor of Denver until Elway
    started the image demolition.

9. joe

joe Active Member

I'm holding the Huns accountable for whatever it is they did. I'm sure it was some pretty bad shit.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did not like the Radio Shack spot because their company is legitimately in trouble because they have an antiquated concept. Nothing like reminding your folks everything you do is old fashioned. Sure, they showed a re-designed store, but that was like 5 seconds of a 30 second commercial. And I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to get at Radio Shack that I can't get cheaper on Amazon.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I liked the one comparing the Super Bowl to watching four hours of coverage of some other guy take your crush to the prom, if you aren't a fan of one of the teams in it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It hasn't popped up anywhere yet, so I'd say no.

Given all the time promoting Anchorman 2, I guess he didn't have a chance to film one this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted