1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Commercials Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chrysler knocked their spot out of the park.

The Bud Light dog ad was pretty funny.

Loved the VW Darth Vader ad.

The Camaro ad with the teacher was decent.

NFL killed with their last ad also.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best ad was an NFL house ad. Second, the VW. Third, the Detroit ad. Honorable mention, the Bud ad with the Elton John gunslinger. The rest, uh, I forget.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'll give the title to the pug/doritos ad. any ad with animals automatically gets the nod. Bud had one Clydesdale spot. It gets runnerup honors because, well, it had Clydesdales in it.

I can't wait to see Cowboys vs. Aliens. Indiana Jones and James Bond playing cowboys fighting aliens. It can't miss. I also can't wait to see Captain America because well, it's Captain freakin America.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

1. NFL ad. (Those guys know what they're doing.)
    2 (tie). Darth and Detroit.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My favorite one-liner from the Super Bowl party I attended, during the Ozzy-Beiber ad: "Now's your chance, Ozzy, bite his head off!"

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The e-Trade one had to be the best, if only because it just may have made Starman's head explode. Bwahahaha!

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

They've used it before:

And using a song that uses your product to make a biting social commentary about materialism may not be so "natural" just because it mentions your product by name.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I loved that ad, but I still wouldn't buy a Chrysler.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We Bengals fans appreciate how the team's mention in the NFL house ad was a guy in an orange-and-black wheelchair. Unless I missed something...sheesh.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Loved the Eminem ad. Chrysler nailed it

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We sure that wasn't who they're planning to take in the first round of the draft?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Groupon was a riot. For 10 seconds I thought "what the hell is this, a political ad on the Super Bowl?" I'm sure Timothy Hutton will take a lot of shit from his Hollywood friends for mocking their activism, but my whole party got a good solid laugh out of that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted