1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl Commercial Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hondo, the places between the coasts are fine by me. But many of them are just too damn far across to make driving through them enjoyable. That's why people fly when they can afford it.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is why there is going to be a civil war.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The audi prom one was pretty funny. But aren't audis now about 70 grand? Who is their target market for that ad, or does it even matter?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wish this had aired nationally.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/02/04/will_ferrell_old_milwaukee_super_bowl_ad_the_weirdest_yet_video.html

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love Ferrell's Old Milwaukee spots. This one in particular.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem with the Audi ad is that the kid goes home....alone.

Still think the Tide ad was best. What would have made it perfect would have been a well-timed cameo, maybe Montana plays himself reading about it in paper and says "it doesn't look anything like me" - cut to Steve Young seeing the picture and saying "I don't see what the big deal is."

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

my problem with the audi ad is that the kid forces himself on a woman and that's presented as cool.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

''We don't do the "Who Is That Talking?," man. I don't do that. got no "Who is That Talking" people on the SportsJournalists.com team. They gotta get up outta here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff ... Can't be ... in the SJ community, nah."

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

True.

Also - anyone who thinks GoDaddy is concerned about the hate for their NerdKiss ad, doesn't understand. That was the point.

10. spikechiquet

I miss the heyday, especially that crop of talents ads a few years ago.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Paul Harvey was a member at the country club I parked cars at in college. Surprisingly tall when you meet him, I think it's safe to say that he is the most listened to radio personality ever.

- God Made a Farmer - Full version delivered at a FFA Convention. Probably wasn't a dry eye in the room when he was finished. He said the basis for this was mailed to him in a letter.

This is worth a listen as well -

Shame more people today could not take this more to heart.

12. spikechiquet

It's great. It's well stated and beautifully put...just don't make me listen to it under the guise of selling a pick'emup truck.

Draft saved Draft deleted