1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Absolutely, but it can be argued that in certain instances (where to draw the line, however?) a celebration can be seen as rubbing someone's nose in it.

I, for one, always cringe when "my" team celebrates some good defensive play on first or second down. Hey, stop 'em on third down, and THEN celebrate.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The line is up to 6 (I've even seen it at 6 1/2) - how far do you think it will go?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It will top at 8

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It won't get above 7.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

as an aside, RJ Bell is fantastic. He's fantastic as a handicapper, he's fantastic at explaining gambling, and he's fantastic as the host of pregame.com (espn radio in Vegas, and podcast).

He does a show with other gamblers, and he *always* challenges ideas - his own, his guests... which means that he is listening to the answers of his guests.

Radio hosts in all walks could learn from RJ Bell.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Inexplicable? Hardly. People apparently think Carolina is a far better team than Denver. As do I.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Total agreement about how easily people throw the word "hate" around. It's fashion, especially among entertainers or athletes, to claim people are "haters" simply because you got a bad review, a movie bombed or your team lost a game because you botched a play. If someone delivers honest criticism that you don't like, they "hate."

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Newton strikes me as a phony, so his smiling and his handing out footballs to kids is just of a piece with my impression of him. Is that fair? Maybe not. But players I think are heroic or humble probably don't deserve that handle, either.

"Hater" is the go-to pejorative used by morons who don't know how to debate.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Great googly moogly.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted