1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunshine Patrol at it again:Atheists sue Rick Perry, a former Democrat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wasn't long ago Goodhair wanted to secede from the United States.
    Now he thinks he's more patriotic than I am?
    God will not be mocked, so quit mocking the Almighty, you Pharasitic jerk.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

USA!! USA!! USA!!

[​IMG]

(right click, view image)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Wonderfully appropriate username.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. azom

azom Member

Wow. Can you replace "atheist" with "Christian" and tell me how this isn't bigotry in its purest form?

This thread isn't about discussing the issue. This thread is about your hatred for the nonreligious. Disgusting and saddening.

5. He didn't respond to my post or the others with sources of positive atheist speakers and bloggers, so I can only assume he is watching the videos and broadening his cultural horizons.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Why can't positive atheists go along with laws that have to do with such simple excerpts from the Bible concerning murder, use of the land, the golden rule and fair wages?

Oh and it must be that the only group that is fair game for bigotry is Christians.

BTW: The Norway nut brought Massive Deaths by Christians vs. Muslims to 550-1, or something like that, in the last 10 years. But let's stay silent because of things that happen in the world in the 12th century. Better still, countries should locate descendants of those persecuted then and pay them, with interest. That would make sense.

7. Humans managed pretty well for thousands of years before the Bible was written, certainly no worse in terms of morals. Don't fool yourself into thinking the Bible invented moralist or has a monopoly on it. If you really believe that is the case, you live in a bubble and have no imagination.

And clearly you didn't go listen to any of those atheist speakers I posted about earlier or you surely would have heard them talk about religions other than Christianity and debate Jewish, Muslim and other religious leaders, as they do quite frequently.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

I know when the Bible was written too.
    So you're saying there's no Creator since God didn't start writing the Bible when he was making trees?
    Romans has this little thing about God being revealed through creation since the beginning of time. Revelation, not scripture. But, oh well.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's amazing how much credit you can take for things if you don't mind making shit up.

10. I have stared at this comment for a good five minutes and I'm not certain I understand what you even mean.

Read "The Selfish Gene" and get back to me on the root cause of what we see as morality.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

See, you through logic at radical left-wingers and they just get absolutely confused when it blows a fuse on their Dailykos translater.

Monster Lobster's post: "Don't fool yourself into thinking the Bible invented moralist or has a monopoly on it."

Well, I won't say elaborate about the bad grammar here, or perhaps it was a simple spelling error. That's the whacky left's weapon when losing an argument.

My post: "So you're saying there's no Creator since God didn't start writing the Bible when he was making trees? Romans has this little thing about God being revealed through creation since the beginning of time. Revelation, not scripture."

Let me help you out here: Yes, the Bible didn't exist at the outset of creation, but the book of Romans (it's in the New Testament, and for even more help, its in the first chapter) explains a truth through the revelation of the creator that basically, even without the word, God's evidence through creation is so evident as to leave all without excuse for recognizing it.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll read that if you read the Bible, or for short work, C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Plenty of good seats available!

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/firstreading/entries/2011/08/03/_happy_birthday_to_lobbyist_4.html

What if you threw a prayer rally and nobody came?

That won’t be the case Saturday at Gov. Rick Perry’s Response event at Reliant Stadium. So far, about 8,000 people have registered. But the stadium holds 70,000, and it appears Perry will fall far short of his stated hope of filling the place? [sic]

Did Perry and organizers of the event set expectations that were too high? Why did his team not see that governors would be unlikely to attend before he publicly invited every one of them? And why not hold it at a smaller venue — a basketball arena, perhaps, instead of one of the largest stadiums in Texas?

Members of Perry’s team will say the event shouldn’t be seen through a political lens because it is about prayer and reflection, not Perry and not politics. Organizers are trying to make sure that the event is not political, and Perry is certainly someone who has talked openly about faith throughout his time in public office. But the country will be watching the Response because of Perry, who is likely to soon announce he is running for president of the United States, and with his highly visible role, you just can’t take politics out of the event.

It's been reported elsewhere that even governors sympathetic to Perry's views are avoiding The Response, which is proving to be just as well-received as The Decision. Maybe Jim Gray will show up, so Perry can say, "I'm taking my talents to the White House."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.