1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suns to hire Steve Kerr as president and general manager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq1sY7sAfGONErPrJDGBwao5nYcB?slug=ap-suns-kerr&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

During the post-game, EJ read a statement that Kerr send upstairs in regarding the Suns' gig. He said that he would not make a decision until the end of the Eastern finals. To which Chucky and Kenny guffawed over the statement and jokingly told Kerr to bring his ass upstairs to the set and make the announcement himself.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hopefully he's a better GM than another great shooter, Danny Ainge.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nineteen years ago, he was the subject of the most insane, cold-hearted taunting I have ever seen.

Way to go, Steve.

Your father is proud.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Not that I have anything against the guy, but aside from being a minority owner and friends of the majority owner, what has he ever done to warrant these two titles? As far as I know he's never worked in an NBA front office.

Just seems like a weird hire.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Neither had John Paxson. That's worked out pretty well for the Bulls.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And after that taunting, he came back out and shoved it right in ASU's face.

He became my favorite player for years after that. I knew he'd be a fine pro.

Draft saved Draft deleted