1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suns-Spurs suspensions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, May 15, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'll still watch the games, but I do agree with you. Only way Stern has any chance to come out of this OK is if the Suns come back to win the series. Then he could say he didn't rob the Suns/hand it to the Spurs. But anything short of that, and he will hear about whatever happens after this series.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Thanks for joining the rest of us in ignoring the NBA.

Actually, I've watched a bit lately. But only if there's less than 6 minutes left ... figure that'll take 45 minutes of my time.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

David Stern enforced the rules. He didn't take the spineless route and give some "good of the game" exception to two guys who have broke the one rule that has been uniformly applied since its inception.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Boys, the series is not over.

Do you really think the Spurs can beat the Suns in game 6? The Suns will be on the mission of missions.

F Mario the flopper.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And that brings me to another point -- it is 7-game series and the winner has to win four games. Whoever emerges will have had to earn it.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

David Stern would've been bashed on this board either way. If he would've taken the other route, SportsJournalists.com Baseball is Peeeerfect Nation would say he was protecting his stars.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He protected Duncan.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And how exactly did he protect Duncan? And please don't tell me "by not suspending him." Because if you've watched the video of Duncan "coming on the floor," you know it was nothing more than Phoenix grasping at straws.

There was no altercation. Nothing even remotely close to an altercation. If you suspend Duncan for that, you'll have to suspend every player on every team that doesn't play 48 minutes.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Duncan came out onto the court. The rule is the rule.

As an aside, I tried watching five minutes of Cavs-Nets last night, and I swear, it put me to sleep.

This is supposed to be playoff basketball? In theory, the best eight teams in the NBA?

If this cheap shot is the best thing the NBA has going for it, no wonder why I never watch anymore.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

No, this isn't the best thing the NBA has going for it. The 3 series that are going on right now are coming down to the wire.

Just because you don't like basketball, dosn't mean everyone dosn't like basketball(as you can clearly see by the attendance records).

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What Duncan did was no different than what Diaw and Stoudemire did ... walking a little to far to make sure that their teammate is OK. This wasn't the Knicks-Bulls (1994), Knicks-Heat (1990s), Pacers-Pistons (2004) or Knicks-Nuggets (2006). This is nowhere close to any of those.

Diaw says he's a pacifist; the fact he's yet to draw a technical foul in four seasons probably confirms it. Was he going to throw down against Horry? Seriously? The only person who looked like he might have wanted to fight was Bell, who was on the court.

Draft saved Draft deleted