1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunday Night Football loses its Faith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Easily? Not quite. Sure, she has mainstream recognition because of her pop crossover. But not easily the biggest star in country music right now.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This is one of my favorite posts ever.

Nothing screams NFL more than Taylor Swift sitting on a stool wearing a prairie dress and braids while singing off-key with an anguished look on her ferret face. Can't wait to see Bob Costas introduce that next year.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good!

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It only works if she dates players, breaks up with them, writes songs about them, and lets us guess what player she's talking about this week.

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I think she fits perfectly in getting that female demographic to watch the games. Same with Hayden. Maybe they can duet?

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Does the song bring even one set of eyeballs to the game who wouldn't be watching anyway?

And if someone tunes in just for the song, will they stay for the game?

7. NDJournalist

I don't think NBC would shell out millions of dollars for it if it didn't.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

13- to 18-year-old girls? Yeah, that's the NFL's target when going after women.

Regarding Hayden, I'm sure NBC would love to shell out millions to promote a star on ABC's show.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You should pitch that to the network. Call them the Jersey Whores. Maybe get Natalie Maines to come out of retirement. When the Cowboys suck this year she can bemoan being from Texas again.

10. NDJournalist

Why not? If you get them young you get them for life. How many male nfl fans didn't start watching as kids?

11. NDJournalist

Leno and Fallon have guests from other networks all the time. Nashville airs on Wednesdays, NBC's football is on Sunday night.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let's nip this in the bud, or at least try ...

ND, you ever walk into a McDonald's and see a big sign promoting the specials at Burger King? Or for the older demographic, does Macys tell Gimbels? No way a network that's a big a mess as NBC parades the star of one of ABC's biggest hits on the only show anyone watches on the network.

That said, I'm with those who wonder why we need a song. Just start the darn thing! Some of us got deadlines ...

Draft saved Draft deleted