1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunday Night Football loses its Faith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 16, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/04/15/faith-hill-sunday-night-football-part-ways/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bring Hank back!!! :D

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll go in a different direction musically. How about Yo-Yo Ma? Or Drake? Or One Direction?

4. The song is kinda played out.
    So .. yeah.

5. Mizzougrad96

The article said they're keeping the song.

Now they have to try to find someone who is:

1. Willing to sing that song.
    2. Either is a hot female with mass appeal or a male singer who will appeal to the football-watching masses.

6. printit

printit Member

I was surpirsed she left. Thought she did a good job and never heard anyone complain. Oh well.

7. Mizzougrad96

She probably got paid an ungodly amount of money to do it, but either it wasn't enough or NBC wanted to pay her less...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I could see Lenny Kravitz doing this.

9. Mizzougrad96

That's an interesting one. I wonder if he's said anything controversial recently that would prevent the networks from signing off on him...

I tend to think they'll go with some aging rock star... Aerosmith will do anything for money. I'm guessing the list of potential replacements is a short one.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This seems like a good opportunity to remind young people and minorities, for once, that they are valued members of football's fan base. The choice does not matter beyond the statement it makes.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Garth Brooks

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're becoming your mother.

Draft saved Draft deleted