1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunburn so bad I'm getting the chills

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2009.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm thinking one of one spot that's probably worse.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Big Hands, I know you're the one.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Good one, Bravo. I took a deep-sea fishing trip a few years ago and got a similar kind of burn.

Didn't catch shit, either.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

All my sun-and-fun days as a young'un came back to bite me when I was was diagnosed with melanoma. That was 18 years ago and everything's fine now (knock on wood). But it was some scary shit, so be careful out there, friends.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hydroplane races, Detroit River... 198---something. Was early.
    Went down for the day, drank, got drunk went home.
    Am told I walked in the house and my sister said "What happened to you?" Am told I called her a bitch. (History has proven me right.)
    Next day was so sunburn at work I couldnt wear a shirt (was working in a small shop where we printed placards for J.L. Hudson stores_. I went through a gallon of fluids before I passed any out. Would wear wet towels like shawls, which went dry about every 20-30 minutes.
    Was a l-o-n-g fucking Monday...

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

One suggestion I haven't seen on here is this: Blue aloe.

The green aloe is OK, but the blue aloe is multiple times more effective on treating a sunburn. I always make sure I have it in the house, and I'll be going on a cruise next winter and making sure I pack it for then.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

After the 1993 Cleveland Grand Prix (outdoor press vantage point!) or 1995 Indianapolis 500 (there as a fanboy), I forget which, I had a patch of burn on the back of my neck that was not unlike the leather tag on the back of a pair of jeans.

It was still there several months after the fact. That was my worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted