1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunburn so bad I'm getting the chills

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2009.

1. You look like this?

[​IMG]

BWAHHAAHHA! Not laughing at you, laughing at her.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There's a reason they call 'em Ray-Bans.

3. Do you think extreme sunburn multiplies STDs exponentially? KK is FUCKED. What a whore.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I rarely burn, if ever.

Oh, the joys of being a hairy Italian man.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Wait until it stops radiating heat, then use shea butter. It'll come in a little tub and look solid. You scoop a small amount out with your fingers and rub it on. It "melts" as soon as you rub it in or between your hands.

It works wonders for my light-skinned hubby (who burns every time he spends more than 20 minutes in the sun).

6. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

There are few things I hate more in life than bad sunburns. Got personal stories from long days at beach and the pool and playing basketball and football. Haven't had a bad one in a year.

Use plenty of Solarcaine and aspirin for the pain and ALWAYS drink plenty of water.

Don't get dehydrated or you'll feel even worse. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

As a ginger, I have had roughly a half dozen sunburns so bad they gave me chills. One was on my legs, it was so bad that I could only sit with my legs elevated, the minute I would put them down to try and walk, all the blood rushing down to them caused the most intense pain I have ever felt.

Had one on my head (shaved dome) not that long ago that was so bad my night editor told me it was purple.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife and red-headed daughter have a problem forgetting sunblock. because my daughter is so fair-skinned, she fries easily. Blisters are common.

After having an uncle die from skin cancer, and being a lifeguard for four years, I have rarely had a sunburn. Sunblock baby. It's worth the five minutes it takes.

And I have discovered one of the world's great inventions - spray-on sunblock. Now it takes less than a minute.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Spring Break, senior year of high school. Guy I know passes out on the beach in Daytona with his mouth open. Gets a sunburn on the inside of his mouth.

Not fun.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Delicate mix of vinegar and water. Baste liberally and often. It helps.

11. Welcome to my entire childhood.
    Damn Irish skin.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

This sounds like the worst predicament imaginable.

Draft saved Draft deleted