1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunburn so bad I'm getting the chills

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Took a shower today and I felt like Mandy Patinkin from Alien Nation when he got near the ocean.

I'm so red right now the Washington Redskins logo is offended.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I got two: Spring Break, eighth grade. Every day for a week I parted my hair straight down the middle, made a ponytail and played basketball from sunup to sundown. Didn't think it was possible for a head to blister like that. It was gross.

Second was summer before senior year of high school. I hated doing the summer reading, so I always did it at the pool. I fell asleep reading "Wuthering Heights" and got the mother of all sunburns on my neck and shoulders. To this day whenever I exercise or spend time in the sun you can still see those marks from that burn.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Cocoa butter, baby. Cocoa butter. You'll smell like a snickers, but we swear by it.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The worst sunburn I ever got was a couple summers ago. Some friends and I went to Six Flags and I thought I put enough sunblock on to prevent a burn but after a long day in the sun, and in the water park, I felt sick.

Got home that night and couldn't move I hurt so much.

For the next two weeks, I peeled parts of my skin off. My girlfriend of two months at the time, she's my fiancee now, had to peel parts of my back off for 20 minutes once. It was disgusting.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

any woman who will peel the skin off your back is a keeper. you're marrying very well. :D

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Bubbler's line about the Redskin's logo made me embarrass myself laughing in the pressbox.

But glad he checked in, I was worried he had gone all Beirut on us.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If this is like a burn a gel might be best. I would google how to treat a burn, and if you have good insurance I would go to the doctor tomorrow if for nothing more than subscription drugs.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not using any gel or aloe vera.

You smear it on, and it feels good for a few minutes, but after the effect wears off, then it feels like your burn is self-contained in this gelatinous ooze that not only weighs heavier on your skin, thus bugging your burn more so than if it was left alone, but also makes you sticky and smell like you bathed in chives and Ben-Gay.

OK, aloe vera doesn't really smell like chives or Ben-Gay, but it has that natural medicinal scent to it that doesn't smell good after the initial application.

I seek no heroic measures for my burn, I will suffer my pain with dignity ... except for whining like a little bitch on SJ of course.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

this won't be popular. but my mom swears by applying liberal amounts of vinegar. you'll smell like crap, but I can attest that it does work.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Acid on a burn. :eek:

Try this for the pain:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know there's some crazy baking soda and vinegar remedy, altho you risk exploding like a 4th grade science project volcano.

12. Racist.

Draft saved Draft deleted