1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunburn so bad I'm getting the chills

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 31, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dammit! I'm going to drown my extremities in aloe vera.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Been there, done that. Nil fun.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Bubbler - go get aloe vera gel, stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours and use that. It feels heavenly and reduces peeling by a LOT.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sounds like sun poisoning. Not fun.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Using a political map of the Middle East as an analogy, my normal skin tone is Turkey, or if I'm lucky on a "dark" day, Ethiopia.

Right now, I am Saudi Arabia, with some patches of Oman mixed in around the margins. I have some small Kuwait marks within my sea of red, probably skin tumors.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Get something with lidocaine, aloe and Vitamin E.

The first will help ease the pain. The other two will help prevent your skin from becoming lizardy.

Apply often and liberally.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And just how did we get this way? What prompted you to stay out in the sun so long....

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

At least you'll have a lot of cool stamps on your passport.

Lots of water and aspirin, real aloe vera if you can find it, solarcaine spray for the pain. If you start looking like Sudan, call 911.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I sunburn ridiculously easy, so I always slather up with minimim SPF 45. One time, the wife and I went to Gulf Shores for a few days and the first day on the beach, I did the ritual coating. Only problem? I was sitting at water's edge and kept running my feet through the sand and water, which washed off the suntan lotion. My feet from my ankles down were toasted to the point where they swelled up and I could barely walk. Worst sunburn of my life.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've blistered from sunburn before. No fun at all.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Had that happen to me in Hilton Head once, only it was the backs of my legs, plus I got a jellyfish sting to boot. Miserable, miserable, miserable.

Draft saved Draft deleted