1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun Sentinel seeking Miami Dolphins Sports Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by speraza, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

5.5 million people in those three counties.

2. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

I have to weigh in on here as well and congratulate Chris Perkins, a stand-up guy, hard-working journalist and someone very deserving of this gig. I've gotten to know Chris well over these last three years and was proud to be able to help get him some of that freelance work through my Sports Media Exchange company. I was also proud to watch him build up his own impressive freelance empire down here and then see it take a couple of unfortunate hits due to circumstances out of his control. So this was excellent timing, and he will rock the beat! ;D

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I'll agree with everybody praising the hire. Chris was already covering the team for CBSSports.com and I spoke with him a few times while I was covering the Rams the last three years for CBS.
    Chris is a solid reporter and a good guy - was always willing to help out and answer questions I'd have about the team. We talked quite a bit last winter with the Jeff Fisher coaching sweepstakes. When I first saw the job, I applied, but always thought that Chris would be the logical hire. Glad I was right and I'm happy for Chris.

4. GLee

GLee New Member

It is true. Chris Perkins will begin on Monday.

5. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Greg, you got yourself a good one there. I'd call that a home run with your first hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted