1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer vacations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Jun 18, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

My family vacationed at Lake Winnipausakee (sp??) when I was in HS. We'd rent a cottage for a week. There was a pool, shuffleboard and ping pong on the grounds and we'd also hit the lake and a water park in the area. Good times.

My sister, brother-in-law and nephew vacation there every year now, which is kinda cool.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Did your bathing suit burst into flames?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Outing alert: BYH is the son of Dr. Leo Marvin.

4. I think Northern Canada. We cross over in New York.
    Is there more than one lake in Canada?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Off to San Fran with my wife and son on July 17. Two days there and then we're driving down to the OC for eight days.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Leave for Michigan tomorrow morning... my first trip back home in nearly three years. (FTR: Parents live in MSP; I consider Michigan home...)

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Recently got back from two weeks in Egypt, which I may have mentioned. Awesome trip, but -- just in case you don't already know -- DON'T DRINK THE WATER. I didn't know that, and I'm STILL paying the price.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

We're spending the last week in July driving through Canyon de Chelly in northeastern Arizona, Monument Valley, through the Zion National forest in Utah, two nights at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas, then down to Sedona for a night before coming home.

I can't recommend Monument Valley highly enough. People come to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, but it's nowhere near as awe-inspiring as Monument Valley.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Little case of Gyppie tummy did ya?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Monument Valley might be my favorite place on the planet. Just stunning. I used to head through there every summer during college while traveling through the Southwest.

Zion kicks ass, too.

11. Did you know that Egyptians have a different word for everything? [apologies to Steve Martin]

12. Taylee

Taylee Member

Just a weekend get-away, but I'm part of a group going to Put-In-Bay, a small island in Lake Erie. Few drinks, no kids, few more drinks, lounging on the boat, a couple more drinks. One of the best ways to unwind for a weekend.
    Real vacation will be in a month at a beach in NC. Most of the family will be there, but we all got separate condos. Believe me when I say if you're thinking about a multi-family vacation, that's the way to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted