1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer vacation suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 9, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Looking for summer vacation suggestions.
    Vegas has been done, so has Florida.
    Large group, at least 10, maybe more.
    Looking at sometime in June, maybe early July.
    People would be coming in from both coasts and around the country, so almost anywhere goes in the continental U.S.
    Any suggestions?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Chicago.. Rent a condo or house in Chicago and view everything the city has to offer.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whaddya want to do?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, that is a little vague. Visit the Rockies and Plains, the Pacific Northwest, Florida, baseball parks...

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Seattle outing.

June 13-15.

Be there.

6. Mira

Mira Member

I second Chicago. There is so much to do. Downtown Chicago is the best downtown, besides Manhattan.

One place I've been to several times and have such a blast is Santa Fe, N.M. It's such a great place to visit with groups. The galleries, the food, the drink. And it's not super-duper hot.

Boston is also amazing. The Freedom Trail walk is a must ... and once again, the food, the drink, the beer, the seafood. Besides Wrigley Field and Miller Park, Fenway Park is my absolute favorite ballpark.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

If you have people coming in from everywhere, Chicago is the midpoint of the country (sort of) and it just has so many options. People can drive in from other places in the midwest, or fly into either airport.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

chicago would be a great place to have things for everyone to do. may not be the best place if you want a bunch of folks to all do things together.

The beach is better for that.

I love chicago, though.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe y'all can walk a few hundred miles of the Appalachian Trail.

And Mira, with you being female, I am mystified why you have "Boing!" in your sidesaddle.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Somewhere beach-y like Savannah-Hilton Head, South Padre Island, Charleston or the Outer Banks. Rent a house and make sure it's in walking distance of restaurants and the beach. That's all you need.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We had 30 in cabins in southern Colorado. If you're outdoorsy, that's a good idea.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That would be my choice. A little more expensive option would be to rent a house on Mission Beach in San Diego. That's a fantastic area. If you're splitting it 10 ways, it wouldn't be too bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted