1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Staycation in DC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 10, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So the wife and I are thinking about doing a staycation thing this summer to help us continue saving for a house. Just a week where we do some of the things we never seem to have time for otherwise. And other stuff. We'll probably hit a couple Nats games, maybe an O's game, visit some museums, that type of shit.

Any DC SportsJournalists.commers have suggestions? As far as museums, we'll probably hit up the Crime and Punishment Museum and the Newseum. Not really into the history or art places. We're thinking about taking one of those nighttime tour bus things just for shits and giggles.

We'll also try to hit a few eateries we haven't had a chance to visit yet. Definitely making a trip to Ben's Chili Bowl. It's been too long.

We're trying to make a list, but I'm sure there are things we'll leave off.

What say you?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ben's Chili Bowl

Also, I am not religious, but we went to the national cathedral in January. It was pretty cool.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The White Sox are in town June 18-20. Don't miss a chance to see Mark Teahen.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

A staycation could still include a trip to Annapolis, right? Do a beer sail and bar hop through the historic district. Awesome. But don't stay at the O'Callahan hotel. I found human feces in my closet.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Can you distinguish between human feces and the feces of another similarly sized omnivore?

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Great question. I think you can. I don't want to go into the particular details of said excrement, but there were certain characteristics (involving corn) that made me believe the culprit consumed a human meal before depositing the contents in the closet. I would also like to mention that when I explained to the front desk attendant what I had discovered, she was unaware of both the words "feces" and "excrement." I was forced to say, "there is a pile of human shit in my closet."

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Was Najeh Davenport staying at the same hotel?
    I have no doubt people can make the distinction. I just don't think I could.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You have to have opposable thumbs to take a shit in a closet.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If there was a ring in it, Drip's body couldn't have been far away

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Note to self, stay away from the O'Callahan Hotel and University of Miami dormitories.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much any mammal could just back up in there, no?

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Good point. Drip could have been the previous occupant. But probably not. It wasn't bullshit. Just human shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted