1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Songs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Christopher McCandless, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I like Panic at the Disco's new song, That Green Gentleman. Chris Brown's newest is catchy shit. M.I.A. should have released Paper Planes in the summer and that would get my vote. Something by Lil Wayne could hit big, like I Feel Like Dying did last year.

Can't go wrong with Sublime, Pepper, The Expendables, Incubus, Bob Marley, Justin Timberlake, early 90's West Coast rap (Snoop, Dre, Kurupt, Warren G, Nate Dogg).

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Never hear it anymore. No tears for that one.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was talking about the whole album, not just the song. I had heard so much of it that I hadn't listened to the whole thing in one sitting in years until I went to a bar before Springsteen's show in Toronto last October and they played the album over the sound system.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. That album doesn't really say summer to me as much as Sandy does.

And the entire Born to Run album tells stories of summer nights.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kid Rock's All Summer Long.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hi S...o never mind

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whatsamatter dooley? You won't set yourself on fire for me anymore?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Someone who can't even make the Plain Dealer isn't worth my full daring.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

LFO's "Summertime Girls" may be the absolute worst boy band song ever recorded...and now I have it stuck in my head :(

I am not sure if this song was big in the US but a few years back "Steal My Sunshine" by Canadian band Len was huge.

Great summer song.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you mean can't? I just haven't yet.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I remember the LEN song. It made the Pokemon soundtrack back when the first of those movies came out ;)

And you clearly need to listen to more boy band music if you think Summertime Girls is the worst.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. But the album was a monster that summer. It's all we played, it's all you heard on the radio or at parties.

Agree on "Sandy". Yesterday was a beautiful day here and the live version from the 75-85 box set came over the iPod as I was on the bus home and it just sounded awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted