1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SUMMER SHEEP Official Thread (Wk 9 questions, page 39)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, May 9, 2013.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I'd say thank you for letting me play except for that whole "you can't play anymore thing."

So, I will simply say, "thank you for providing the questions that I answered anyway and then annoyed the rest of the board by faux-playing."

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thanks to CP for standing behind the deadline.
    It's not her fault you didn't get to play anymore.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this. It provides a ton of fun, disappointment and angst.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm going to change my user name to Mr. Mediocre ...

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fourteenth is not bad, but missing one week completely cost me nine or ten spots on the final standings. I fought hard, and didn't give up. :p

In most leagues, I make the playoffs, but I'm on the road against the division champ. All-in-all, Team Expendable did a decent job.

Thanks Amy and Coperpot, I'm looking forward to playing the next round.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thanks, Amy and Ms. Pot, for another fun game.

7. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Thanks all for playing and, as always, to Amy for the number crunching, especially since I dragged my feet on compiling answers more than once. This was a really enjoyable Sheep session for me, with nearly everyone honoring the deadline. One player submitted his answers an hour late and never voiced one word of complaint that I didn't include them.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Touché, Amy. Lesson learned. It was obviously "a bad idea to fuck with the point adder before all the points" were added.

Unfortunately, it wasn't our only mistake this season. Sheep is truly a humbling game. Obviously, Team cranberry™ was extremely disappointed with the final week results and letting the season slip away. It's something we'll have to live with until we fleece up for next season. However, unlike Just_A_SID, Team cranberry™ offers no excuses.

After the results were posted and the players returned to the barn, I called the group together and told them to hold their heads high. Then they stood in front of their stalls and answered every question.

Of course, there were some who criticized our all-out approach. Let me just say that we play to win and make no apologies about that. We don't know any other way. We played hard, we played fair and, unlike Just_An_SID, we played by the rules and respected the decisions made by Copperpot.

Finally, I'd like to say that in all my years with Team cranberry™ I've never been more proud of any group than this Summer '13 team. This was a special group. Especially the seniors.

Thank you Copperpot and thank you Amy.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Cranberry:

I hope you explained to the parents of those seniors that the final week's performance did NOT cost their kids scholarships!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pshaw, Cran, it''s mostly sophomores who hang out at the mall.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Cran, 'tis better to make deadline and fail than to not make deadline at all. :)

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I hope the board understands my humor regarding this game. It was fun.

At no time did I intend to criticize Copperpot for her decision to remove me from the game. If my comments were taken that way, then I apologize.

I know that I can be a real asshole, but I am not that big of an asshole to criticize somebody for just trying to help this board out with an interesting game like Sheep.

I was just trying to have a little fun in the spirit that the thread was intended.

I now need to get back practicing for Sheep 2014. . . hmmmm ketchup or mustard?. . . . famous people with an apostrophe in their name. . . sweet tea or unsweetened?. . . which was the best Kevin Bacon movie?

Draft saved Draft deleted