1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer movie blitz!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We're thinking about going to the movies Saturday night.

She'll probably want to see something like Obsessed.

Me? I'm torn between The Girlfriend Experience and Tyson. Anyone seen either one of those?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet, but ESPN has pimped the hell out of this movie tonight.

Every fucking commercial break before, during and after the game (or so it seemed) and even during SportsCenter (yeah, yeah ... it was on at work), was about this movie.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ugh.
    It's. alright.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Just watched a two-hour special on the '30s Crime Wave that I DVR'd from the History Channel a few weeks ago. Now I'm all pumped up to see Public Enemies. Depp as Dillinger? Count me in, man. Awesome.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

As far as I can see, no one's posted about Drag Me To Hell yet. May see it soon. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

It's getting pretty good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. It's at 94% right now and that's good enough for me to go see it. Not really sure when I'm going to go though. Been a while since I've actually seen a movie in this genre at the theatre.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That makes two movies that are getting some surprisingly good reviews. I heard good things about The Hangover, too, and that one looked like complete crap in the commercials.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

FWIW, a sequel is already being written. Apparently this movie was testing off the charts. The reason they probably started the ad campaign so early was to drum up buzz, especially since it's going up against Land of the Lost.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Entertainment Weekly says it's the best horror movie in years.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's got some of the best vomit scenes since the mid '70s.

11. Hackie

Hackie New Member

Saw 'Up' last night in 3D. Pretty entertaining. Runs a bit long but made for good laughs and a good story.

Saw 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' with the girlie last week. It was alright.

Draft saved Draft deleted