1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer movie blitz!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just from what I've read and seen in the trailers, it seemed like they shoved too many characters in. My expectations are very low, but I'll be seeing it this week. This is the only one of the sci-fi/comic book movies Mrs. OOP is willing to see (never underestimate the Hugh Jackman factor).

We'll be taking the little one to see Up together. I'm on my own for Star Trek and Transformers 2.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can't believe so many people want to see Transformers 2, wasn't the first one bad enough? Shit, I contemplated walking out.

3. outofplace

Sorry Ross, you're the odd one there. It wasn't great filmmaking, but it was fun.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I actually nodded off yesterday during Wolverine. That hadn't happened to me since "Batman Returns" (too much weed and too much bad whiskey that night). There is no new place these movies can take an audience. It's not that it sucked. It never had a chance to be good.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Never was a Trekkie, but I cannot wait to see the Star Trek movie. I also want to see "My Sister's Keeper," adapted from the Jodi Picoult novel.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Saw Transformers the other day for the first time. Total dreck.

7. outofplace

It was entertaining dreck. I'm afraid that the second one might leave out the entertaining part, but hopefully they prove me wrong.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just saw a commercial for G.I. Joe: Rise of COBRA.

I can't freaking wait for that flick to come out. It looks awesome.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

J.I. Goe?

Is that like Crara Loft?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, shit.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, if I didn't have spelling gotchas, i'd have nothing at all.

Philadlephia.

Philadlephia.

Philadlephia.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

It's Michael Bay, what do you expect? It's giant effing robots beating the hell out of each other. I'm hoping ROTF will be better in terms of the fighting sequences and character development. There's going to be about 40 robots in this one with the likes of Soundwave, Jetfire, Devestator (Constructicons), Sideswipe.. I'm not expecting 'The Dark Knight', but if the action, effects, and some sort of plot is there, I'll be fine with it.

As for Wolverine OoP, yeah way too many characters. It's supposed to be the origin of Wolverine, which when you see it, you'll wonder why FOX didn't spend enough time on the actual 'origin' of Logan. It's too short and for some reason, Marvel Entertainment needs to just take control.

Draft saved Draft deleted