1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer movie blitz!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I get that, but at the same time, if you missed out Scarface because of that principle, you're only screwing yourself.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm in for Star Trek AND Harry Potter. Angels and Demons is the prequel (sort of) to "The Davinci Code"

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've heard they shot Angels and Demons as a sequel. Tom Hanks is still too old for that role.

I am really pumped for Wolverine (Hugh Jackman!!!!) and Harry Potter. Probably multiple viewings the first two weeks for HP.

I'll also see Star Trek. Not sure if I'm really interested in anything else.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"Terminator: Salvation" is a must-see for me. I was the only one of my friends to thoroughly enjoy the third, and I think the series has some wonderful potential in an Ahnuld-free environment.

I'll probably see "Wolverine" in the first week, and the same with "Harry Potter" if I can finally get a viewing of the "Order of the Phoenix" under my belt before then.

"Transformers 2"? When I get around to it. Looks fun, but I wasn't too enamored with the first.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'll definitely be at the theaters when "Terminator: Salvation" opens. Rumors are that Arnold makes a cameo appearance somewhere in it, too.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. I even read most of the Marvel Comics run of Transformers and I had never heard of The Fallen until I started reading about this movie. I agree that it would have been better to get more generation one characters. A buddy of mine also pointed out that this seemed to come out really quickly for a movie that is so effects-driven. His thought was that they rushed it through to live off the hype of the first one and perhaps that will show in the (lack of) quality. I'll be seeing it, but my expectations are low.

I'm going to see Wolverine next week. Of all the action/sci-fi stuff this summer, it's the only one Mrs. OOP will go see (for the love of Hugh Jackman). I keep telling her Star Trek is going to be a better movie, but she won't listen. Sorry, I don't see how they make a really good Weapon X movie that is PG-13.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, boy. Gallery of really sad Wolverine fans, some of whom I'm sure will be waiting in line for days to be the first to see the movie this weekend:
    http://nextround.net/2009/04/28/the-definitive-collection-of-awesomely-bad-wolverine-costumes/
    My favorite: Hebrew Wolverine.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I heard they just used some old unused footage of him because he was worried about his current image.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

My fave's the last one, with the kids in the background having "I need an adult!" written all over their faces.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I usually do too, but this one looks pretty promising. Denzel as the hero, Travolta playing Mr. Blue, and Gandolfini portraying the NYC mayor.

Nice trailer, although I could see this flopping hard. Not sure how many people want to see terrorists in NYC post-9/11.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I read online they were trying to CGI Arnold's face onto another actor's body. I need to see T3 again. Haven't seen it since the theaters.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The new trailer for Transformers 2: ROTF is up on Yahoo!

Draft saved Draft deleted