1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer internship (Santa Cruz Sentinel, Calif.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by scsportswriter, May 5, 2012.

1. scsportswriter

scsportswriter New Member

Unpaid three-month, summer internship for APSE and CNPA award-winning paper in Scotts Valley, Calif.
    ***Candidates must receive school credits.***
    Intern will cover a variety of assignments (gamers and features) and aid in the design of the daily section. Production skills are a plus. Having a vehicle is a must.
    Email resume and writing samples to Assistant Sports Editor Jim Seimas (831-706-3256) at jseimas@santacruzsentinel.com
    Please attach links for writing samples (no more than three).

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Nice area. Pricy when unpaid, but nice.

3. cworsh4

cworsh4 Member

Gonna have to be a local candidate, I imagine. That's a beautiful area that has a really high cost of living. If I were a college kid in the Bay Area, I'd be all over it.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Working for Jim Seimas? Inconceivable.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Finding housing will be a pain, but it's a great place to live. Good nightclub scene, 30 or so mins. from San Jose and Monterey, an hour or so to San Francisco (and, yes, just 15 minutes from Tahoe). Good non-traditional sports scene too and, hey, you might even get the chance to cover those fightin' Banana Slugs from UC Santa Cruz!

Draft saved Draft deleted