1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I took some freshly squeezed orange juice from the local market (they don't sell beer and they're closed on Sunday, but if you're here, you'll get over it for their OJ) and mixed it with some 99 Bananas, a 44.5%-alcohol banana schnapps that has more kick than Lucy Liu during her time of the month1. Good, good stuff.

Not so good: Absolut Pears. I tried an airplane bottle of it a few days ago. Verdict -- one part pear taste, 12 parts uvula death. The Bacardi Red Peach is pretty good. Peach-infused spirits2 are made of win and tasty.

1 -- Referring to the second weekend of each month, when she participates in a standing mixed martial arts tournament. What the fuck did you think I meant?
    2 -- But for the love of all that has the ability to love, don't buy the cheap schnapps. Don't be that guy. Or girl.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I stopped at a different location of that local market. I remember the first time I stopped there when I moved in and basically lost my mind when I realized they didn't sell beer. So I basically have to get my beer from Wal-Mart. Boooo.

Plus, Wal-Mart's way cheaper on groceries. But the local chain's fruits are way fresher...just cost an arm and a leg.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Beer from Wal-Mart = nectar of the Gods

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If I remember the story, the place I'm thinking of doesn't sell beer not because they're Christian (though that's why they don't open on Sunday). One of their kids was killed in a drunk-driving accident, and that's why they don't do beer/wine.

Back to the topic: my Carolina homies have promised to hook me up with some foul inbred Southern concoction involving a washtub and every damned liquor on the premises next time I'm there. I will make my report known when and if I regain the ability to type after that day.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wild Turkey with a Sierra Nevada back — a drink for all seasons.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I need help finding a recipe. I googled it and only found one site with a recipe for it (alldrinks.com or something like that...), and it's not the correct one (it tasted funny).

Anyway, I just got back from vacation, and at the resort we stayed at, I ordered something called a "Habana Lights". It was in Mexico, so it may also be "Havanah lights" or something like that.

Anyone know where I can find a recipe for that?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/456

Best I could do for you, Rusty. But check around webtender. It's a damn good site.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Is it possible to screw up drinks as badly as I do without being otherwise completely worthless?

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yes, but you have to be worth your weight in throwaway sex.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

When it's good, you don't throw it away, Meat.

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Lovin' me some Red Hook Sunrye Summer Ale.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So how'd this go?

You're not kidding. Like someone melted a plastic pear into perfectly good Absolut.

But try the Grey Goose Pear...wow. Truly genius. Don't wreck it with any garnish or mixes....only on the rocks.

Draft saved Draft deleted