1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 16, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When it's not a Budweiser, I like the occasional mint julep.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ha, I wish. I'm off the booze these days.

3. Urban Outfitters

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I believe Target has them.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was uh... very pleased and surprised, I was really not expecting an open bar. Top shelf booze, I tell ya. This guy knew his stuff. Made me a mojito. I don't think it's a gay drink. Mojito...

[​IMG]

Oh, what's this Sportchick about you not drinking? Got an announcement you'd like to make?

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Mojito a gay drink? Are you kidding me? :eek: It is a posh drink here in these neck of the woods. If you drink it here, you are tres cool. There is a place I frequent for dinner called Onyx and they make all sort of them all the time.

I am longing for a strawberry daquiri right now. Based on the long day I am having, I could use it.
    (ps. I am no longer a newbie, so quit asking me for a beer ;) ;D )

7. I'd like to call this Alcoholics Unanimous meeting to order.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's my recipe:

1. Procure large cooler -- and I mean large.

2. Proceed to local bait shop and purchase block ice. Layer block ice into bottom of cooler. Cover with a layer of cheap domestic beer (Michelob Golden Light in the ribbed cans works really, really well).

3. Cover cans with chipped ice, add another layer of cans, then ice, etc. continuing until cooler is full.

4. Place cooler on boat.

5. Fish

6. Don't give a shit if they aren't biting.

7. Rinse and repeat.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Zeke, you're a great American. You can fish with me any time.

Y'know, when I get a boat.

And tackle. And free time.

But when all that happens, it's gonna be great.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The boat and tackle are optional. As long as there is a body of water within 100 square miles, you're allowed to call it "fishing".

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, I have cherries and pineapples soaking in two pitchers with a huge bottle of Smirnoff mixed between the two.

I also bought some raspberry vodka, lemonade and strawberries for sportschick's "strawberry sex."

Anyone calling me tomorrow night may find it answered by a slurring noise then a lot of giggling. Just warning.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Campari and soda with a wedge of orange. A perfect summer drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted