1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer 2015 sports internships

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Chris2013, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Chris2013

Chris2013 New Member

Hey everyone!

Seeking a summer 2015 sports reporting internship. I'll be between my junior and senior year as I am on track to graduate with my journalism degree in the spring of 2016. Plenty of experience working for a college newspaper, lots of writing clips, experience working on deadline, etc.

Willing to listen to any and all opportunities within sports journalism. Application links appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

2. alexnieves

alexnieves New Member

Most major newspaper internships for the summer have long been filled. Your best bet would be contacting the editor at your local newspaper and seeing if they have anything available. JJobs and Indeed.com still have some internship listings I believe. There are always web-based internships as well. Wouldn't recommend these for the most part, they are typically unpaid and your editors are inattentive. However, any internship is better than no internship.

3. cthib

cthib New Member

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you're still looking, but we recently posted a sports writing internship here on Indeed.

The company, GrindTime Sports, started in November as a way to help young student athletes find scholarships and learn about the recruiting process, not unlike NCSA, but it also offers developmental leagues and workouts. We've already had a couple of local NFL players sign on to lead some of our camps.

We're about to add a blog/media site in order to help young athletes learn the ropes on recruiting, what it's like to be a student athlete, athlete features and then some. It's a little different than many jobs out there, but I am committed to helping everyone we hire on become a better all around writer while putting out a useful product for athletes, parents, coaches and scouts of the like.

Best,
    Corey

Draft saved Draft deleted