1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer 2012 movie thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 20, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I came that same conclusion after watching Clash of the Titans. Sure, it looked better than the original, but that's about it.

2. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I suppose people might forget by the time Neighborhood Watch opens this summer, but right now, given what's going on in Florida, it's amazingly unfortunate timing for a comedy on this subject:

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is a year early, but sequels, Sequels, SEQUELS(!) for 2013:

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/warner-bros-sets-dates-for-hangover-part-iii-and-300-sequel

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

And yet another Superman movie next year as well. At least it co-stars one of my favorite actresses, Amy Adams.

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Because the first one was really bad and I suspect the sequel was only made because the wheels were in motion for a sequel before the first one came out.

6. outofplace

Exactly.

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The 2010 version of "Clash" made about half a billion dollars worldwide.

8. outofplace

The other reason this one gets made. Still a crappy movie. Sometimes people watch crap, especially crap with decent visuals.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought Super 8 was one of the best movies I saw last year. Really enjoyed it.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How the hell do you make a sequel to 300?

11. outofplace

Different battle in the same war. How do you make it good? That one I couldn't tell you.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Batman Returns wasn't camp. It was pretty baroque, even dark in spots. Less cheese than the 1989 film. If Schumacher hadn't brought the franchise to its knees, there would have been no need for Batman to be reimagined.

Draft saved Draft deleted