1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide-murder at day care center

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Feb 9, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Allegedly, they got permission from the family to name the kids and run their photos. Still, they're 3 and 4 years old, the kids. Way to fuck them up for the rest of their lives.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Quite frankly, I've always found John Doe to be a much more talented musician and more interesting personality. That's just me, though.

Regarding that picture of Cobain, I see nothing wrong with it. It's not like it showed the contents of his head splattered all over the floor and walls.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Lets be honest, what just happened with their parents fucked up these kids for life. How fucked up they're going to be had little to do with them getting named on TV.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

very much agree with that.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

If I'm the local paper, I'd run the photo on the jump page, not page 1. Didn't appear to be blood and the only thing you can see are the legs. And a hand under the sheet.

If I'm an out-of-town paper, I'd pass on running it.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Mirror ran it as a two-column accent shot on A1.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I am very familiar with this type of situation. Not my parents, but someone close. Based on my experience these kids are not guaranteed to be messed up for life. Maybe, but I hope not. It can be something that is part of you, but doesn't define you.

Draft saved Draft deleted