1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suicide jump from the world's tallest building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, May 10, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

nice pull

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't think so. On 9/11, one of the many horrifying things people reported were what sounded like explosions on the roof before the towers fell. It was bodies landing on the roof and, essentially, blowing apart on impact.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

There's a good chance you black out shortly after you jump. It's a defense mechanism that I experienced first hand when I was on a rope swing that snapped over a ravine. It wasn't until a month afterward that I remembered the sensation of consciousness just shutting down.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He's thinking the same thing as Ron Burgundy when he jumped in the bear pit.

"Oh......I immediately regret this decision."

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

The last thing that went through his head was his butthole [/oldjoke]

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought that was the guy kicked off the Memphis to Charlotte flight.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Whenever I read something like this, I'm reminded of a story by a guest comic on the "Bob and Tom" morning radio show. Dude (Mike Williams?) was a cop, said he was once reprimanded on the job. Walking his beat, he came across an incoherent guy laying on the sidewalk moaning. Thinking he was a drunk, the comic/cop rousted him. As he's throwing this moaning, thrashing guy up onto a car and throwing the cuffs on him a bystander says "Um, officer? You might want to let him be. He just fell from the fourth floor."

True or not, that's pretty funny.

EDIT: Looked it up. 'Twas Mike Armstrong, a former Louisville cop. Couldn't find a clip of him telling the story, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted