1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suggestion: With all the miserable news here....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 20, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Just drop it all in one thread. Label it "Another reason this industry sucks" and then at least "Journalism topics only" will make us all feel a little warmer and fuzzier. Just a thought.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You trying to get the moderators laid off or somethin?

3. ScribePharisee

Are the moderators trying to spread misery like most other top owners/managers?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. They like to keep it all to themselves.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can't speak for all my colleagues but I'm not miserable. I'm as happy as I've been in years and years.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What Scribe is really asking is, why do you only write about it when we lose jobs?

7. Moderator1

Well, we have a whole nuther board for jobs that are open and it stays busy.

8. jmb51879

jmb51879 Member

its not fair to be as happy as you've been in years just after getting out of the industry.

9. Moderator1

Sorry.
    The Nats are on in 30 minutes so I'll be miserable soon enough.

10. ScribePharisee

you could have been a Senators/Rangers fan. Or, wasn't the Twins at one point in Washington?

11. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

Yes, the Twins were previously the original Washington Senators. The second Senators, if I'm correct, was an expansion team.

12. Moderator1

The second Senators are now the Rangers, so the Nats have played the previous two Washington teams in their two most recent series.

Draft saved Draft deleted