1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sue Simmons, what the f*** are you doing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sue Simmons, the longtime WNBC anchor in New York, will be leaving the station after three decades of service.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wnbc-cutting-longtime-anchor-sue-simmons_b41276

She is freaking 68. I didn't think any female lasted that long in the local news world.

Anyway, I just wanted to use this story as an excuse to post the fabulous Sue Simmons F bomb episode. I love local news fuck-ups.

This is NSFW, but it's excellent training on how to use the word "fuck" effectively.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Always assume you're live.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm very upset about this. I grew up watching her.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

She's 68?? Wow!

Always loved her.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Feel free to share your favorite local news bloopers. My six-month-old is having issues reading his training teleprompter, and I need to demonstrate where his laziness could land him.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Quite possibly my favorite: anchor encounters lizard.

Grape stomping live shot. Painful to watch, but the anchor reaction kills me every time.

Classic anchor misspeak.

Still can't fathom this one.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To be accurate, the thread title should read, "NBC, what the fuck are you doing?" They're the one's forcing Sue out.

But otherwise, her fuck-up is one of my all-time favorite clips too. Especially since she was on my TV every night from when I was a little kid.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Ernie Anastos has the better F-word blooper. You can't beat "Keep f-ing that chicken."

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Even more amazing that she lasted that long is that both her AND Chuck Scarborough lasted that long together.

I don't watch the local news, but I stumbled upon them last year, and damn, they don't look like they have aged much since the 1980s, when I remember watching them. Especially Sue Simmons. Whoever does her surgery/make-up/whatever is a genius.

Also, I have no proof of anything, don't know either of them, and this is somewhat slanderous, but I always got the sense (and may have heard anecdotally) that the two of them weren't above having a few nips of whiskey during commercial breaks.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not one expletive. I'd say he handled that with aplomb.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm pretty sure he yelled "what the fuck?" at the :15 mark. I think it was bleeped. I probably watched that video 20 times with joyful tears streaming down my face.

Draft saved Draft deleted