1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sucks To Be A Virginia Driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 23, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are driving over 80 on I-95 you deserve to get bagged. Although, someone driving 85 and staying the same lane if far safer than some asshat weaving in and out of cars.

New Jersey drivers I am looking your way. Also, if you have North Carolina plates you either go 65 or you drive like Dale Sr. on the final lap. No middle ground I have found with Tarheels.

What was said earlier about NOVA is 100 percent true. The rest of the state hates Va Beach and NOVA, and they do not want to raise their own taxes to pay for someone else's roads. It's just that the simple SOBs have never figured out that keeping taxes low will just bring more and more people into their state.

Now they want to let the localities and their good old boy corruption try to build roads. That is going to go over like a lead zeppelin. You want some laughs, take a look at some of the Elmers that make up the local governments outside metro areas.

Virginia is a beautiful state, though. It's just that many of the residents are still fighting the Civil War and are not willing adjust to the influx of population moving into the state. It's also a problem that many of these Elmers have gotten very, very rich selling off their own land to Northerners, but then they complain when the area they live in becomes over crowded.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sucks to be a Virginia driver also because they all suck at driving.

The boyfriend came to visit, we were driving, and about three hours into the day he said "Now I know why you're always road raging."

It's crap.

3. I actually counted it up one time ... somewhere in the vicinity of $2,300.

4. boots

boots New Member

Take driver's ed courses to cut the points down. And if you listen, you may learn something.

5. KP

KP Active Member

That's right! When you come in from out of town, don't rent a car and mess up the good thing we have going.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just as long as you learn from it, dog.

i'd rather not talk about my pre-21 moving violations. post-21 moving violations record includes one speeding ticket.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I had a friend move down to Va and he said that the roads are shit. I headed down there for work and he was spot on.

I asked why a two lane road was so heavily used during rush hour. He said that most roads are only two lanes. Why? Because Virginians refuse to pay taxes and thus prefer to pay extra money to gas companies since their cars just sit idling in hours of traffic.

What a joke.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

FIXED

9. In Texas you can only take defensive driving once a year. Believe me, I use it.

10. boots

boots New Member

Yes, that is true. I didn't have the experience of doing that.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think you'd be better off riding a bike or taking public transit.

Or, failing that, learn to be a responsible driver instead of a fucking cowboy.

12. Can't really ride a bike. Usually driving a lot is a requirement of sports writers.

Public transit = read above.

I'm actually a very defensive, responsible driver. Several of those tickets were pretty stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted