1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sucks To Be A Virginia Driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

MM: Boston drivers are aggressive, but they surely tend to know what they're doing . . . and I'm NOT
    a native.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Couple of things:

I once got a ticket for doing 77 on the beltway. It was in Maryland when I was 21, but still. I took my PBJ in court and I've gotten one ticket since then.

Virginia hates to raise taxes because even though most of the state's revenue comes from NOVA, all the hillbillies in the farmlands elected Republicans who now control the legislature for the most part. Their numbers are shrinking in part because people are realizing what dumbasses they for the most part are.

Concluded a quick little road trip today. The Virginia drivers were the ones that caused all the problems on the 200 mile trip. Well at least most of them. Get in the fucking right lanes, slow pokes.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ahem ...

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=129725&ran=67449

4. And I thought Texas was bad. Texas' "surcharge fines" can get pretty bad, too, if you have a lot of "points" on your record.

Needless to say, I have a lot of points.

I've been pulled over 19 times with 10 tickets.

I'm 21 years old.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Slow down.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

19 times? Holy Fuck. That's ridiculous.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Damn Henrico County activist judges. Ain't no law in Virginia north of the James River, dammit!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've talked to the guy who wrote the law several times since all of this first broke out. Essentially, you have to be a fucking idiot behind the wheel to get socked with these fees. Two percent of the state's drivers in Virginia are looking at getting these fees. The 14th amendment argument seems kind of weak to me, but unfortunately for lawmakers, there are so many stupid cocksuckers on the roads in Virginia that they may get this law overturned instead of deciding not to drive like stupid cocksuckers anymore.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Holy shit, think of all the money you'd have saved if you slowed down a bit.

I think I've been pulled over maybe 15 times, with several of those being buddies who are cops pulling me over to chat, and only five tickets. And I'm damn near 40.

10. And now we see what happens when you get rid of the car tax without an alternative way to generate those tax dollars, as they did several years back.

Morans.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Cali's in the same boat.

Many of the fines doubled on July 1, but driving solo in the carpool lane went from $271 to over $1000. All. In. The. Name. Of. Progress.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so when do we start discussing vagina diving?

Draft saved Draft deleted